JOIN OUR TEAM!
WGNRR is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead the work of the Network, with particular emphasis on management, fundraising and long-term sustainability of the organization.
Application Deadline: February 5th 2018
1) Organization Operations. Oversees budget and allocates appropriate resources to ensure that the operation of the organization is efficient, accountable, transparent and goal-driven.
- Responsible for the effective administration of WGNRR operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified and enthusiastic staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Ensure effective Human Resources policies, processes and systems are in place and manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized policies.
- Develop operational plan, which incorporates goals and objectives that align with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization and the design, marketing, promotion, delivery, and quality of programs and services.
2) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Develop operational plan that incorporates goals and objectives that align with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Responsible for the implementation of WGNRR’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission and vision.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that WGNRR can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the organization’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
3) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health and sustainability of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of WGNRR, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support WGNRR’s mission.
- Work with the Board to prepare comprehensive operational and project budgets, identify resource requirements, research funding sources, prepare related proposals and maintain fundraising records and documentation.
- Establish professional working relationships with Network Members, Partners funding agencies, government and to ensure the sustainability and growth of the Foundation and its programs.
4) Movement strenghtening and building Networks. Oversees and implements an integrative approach to reach diverse network members across the globe.
- Recruiting like-minded organizations to join the WGNRR family.
- Ensuring activities of WGNRR Network Members are reflected in day-to-day operation of WGNRR.
- Building networks and collaborations with like-minded organization and institutions.
5) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission and vision.
- Responsible for leading the work of WGNRR in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Specific functions and duties:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing and/or monitoring employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations of the nonprofit.
- Oversee community, funder, philanthropic and donor based fundraising initiatives.
- Serving as WGNRR’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the world and harness those relationships to strategically enhance WGNRR ’s mission.
- Ensure appropriate Human Resource policies, processes and systems are in place and manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized policies.
- Report to and work closely with the Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Organization in the women’s rights and SRHR movements.
- Supervise and collaborate with organizational staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Movement building and collaboration.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board.
Professional Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
- Education profile can comprise: minimum of a bachelor’s degree or professional certificate from an accredited university or college; equivalent study in a non-traditional learning environment; or significant professional experience in a related position.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive management experience in a non-profit organization. Proven track record of transparent, high integrity, and effective leadership.
- Proven core fundraising, financial management, administration and governance skills.
- Relevant experience in effective fiscal management of a non-profit organization including planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills along with strong business and political acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven track record with respect to establishing and maintaining effective relationships with community stakeholders.
- Proven ability to maximize programs with limited funding.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of WGNRR’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Willingness to travel at minimum 30% of the time.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a letter of intent and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ED RECRUITMENT” as the subject title.
Salary is commensurate with experience. WGNRR actively encourages applicants from the Global South to apply to this position. WGNRR is also committed to diversity, and we encourage people of diverse sexualities and gender identities, and people living with HIV to apply.
Application Deadline: February 5th 2018
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – Thank you for your interest in WGNRR.
To learn more about WGNRR’s work click HERE.